Who We Are: The Guyana Nurses Association
The Guyana Nurses Association (GNA), is a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit organization which was established in 1928 and registered in 1930 as a professional association under the Friendly Societies Act.
The Association was first named the British Guiana Nurses Association but was later changed to the Guyana Nurses Association after Guyana's independence from Britain.
The Association has three active branches;
- East Berbice
- West Demerara.
Elections are held biennially at the Annual General Meeting of the Association.
We are also affiliated with the following Organizations:
- The International Council of Nurses
- The Commonwealth Nurses and Midwives Federation.
- The Caribbean Nurses Organization
- The Association of Guyanese Nurses and Allied Professionals in the UK.
- The Guyanese Nurses Association of America Inc.